About Calling Card Books
& Z Girls Press
During her “late-in-life” career as an award winning Freelance Writer and Journalist, Marta wrote for newspapers and magazines, did web and marketing content, as well as writing and editing training material for small businesses and non-profits. Calling Card Books was born as an imprint to publish business books, but demand grew and so did the imprint. We now publish memoirs and other non-fiction that fit our Mission and Vision.
Z Girls Press was born from Marta’s lifelong dream of writing a children’s book. Though that has yet to happen, we have published a few beloved children’s, middle-grade, young adult, and adult fiction titles including our Creative Director’s own coloring book series, Color Lit.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Of $100 spent at a local-owned business $52 of that stays in your community.
- Spend $50 at a national chain and $6.50 stays in the local community.
- Spend $50 online with a remote vendor with no sales tax collected and not one penny stays in your local community.
The bottom line is that more of your taxes are reinvested in your community—where they belong.